This little demo shows how the impact of conversion rate is underestimated.
Improving the conversion rate by small amounts can make a massive difference.
The difference between 1% and 2% conversion rate is 400%
What’s the difference between 1 percent and 2 percent conversion rate?
The impact of a low conversion rate
- Weak conversion can lose you money
- Worse getting leads is seductive, and you lose money slowly, without noticing
How to improve the conversion rate
Concentrate on the visitor experience, the match between the precise search and the page they land on. Being human about this works better than ‘traffic and technology’.
The conversion rate of what?
Measuring the keyword and not the page makes such a difference to the clarity.
There are several different things that have a conversion rate, the Keywords, the Advertising and the Page itself. They can all be measured separately.
Averages Hide Performance
- Pages are an average of all the visitors
- Split and measure the traffic in smaller keyword groups to better understand the intent of the visitors
- Match the page to the visitor need
- Cater for all the different types of visitors
No such things as an SEO Conversion Rate
Without the keywords that people are using, you revert to the page average and performance is hidden.
We find it productive to use paid traffic with known keywords to improve conversion rate, which then makes the SEO traffic work better.