This little demo shows how improving the conversion rate by small amounts can make a big difference.
Little figures have a big impact
What’s the difference between 1 percent and 2 percent conversion rate?
- Writing lots of weak content can still lose you money, however much you write
- Worse, getting orders is seductive. Losing money slowly is a hard thing to kick, but if we can just improve that conversion rate we’ll be ok.
How do we improve the conversion rate?
There are several different things that have a conversion rate, the Keywords, the Advertising and the Page itself. They can all be measured separately.
- Split and measure the traffic in smaller keyword groups, a lot of analytic packages don’t make it clear that short keywords are averages of thousands of keywords
- Match the page to the visitor need
- Cater for different types of visitors
- Answer more of their questions – do let us know if you have any
Notes: The small print
- SEO visitors do cost money, be it contractors or time involved, or in content. In new marketing, you pay in one way or another for people’s attention.
- Some keywords never convert, and some keywords always convert, many are in between
- This ignores the lifetime value of the customer. It may be a viable strategy to lose money on the first deal (I can’t believe we just said that, but it’s true!)